Arguments in favour of the Filofax #1: Reference materials

I've been using an iPad and iPod touch as two central parts of my GTD-system, but have on a rather reoccurring basis been drawn back to the analog tools - hence this entire blogs existence actually.

All of a sudden it occurred to me! The reason for me not getting quite comfortable with the GTD on iPad-solution is the critical lack of a good project-material-storage-place!

On the iPad in OmniFocus I can maintain all of my lists, contexts etc., but I have no way a keeping a working reference section or a collection of notes for each project. This could be done in Evernote or something like that, but the tactile feeling and versatility of a looseleaf notebook cannot be beat!

Therefore, the first argument in favor of the Filofax compared to using digital is the simple fact that paper asked materials still make up most of our day-to-day workflow (at least mine) and having the ability to quickly reference these is a major factor n maintaining an effective and productive workflow.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

  1. I absolutely agree with you & I went through a stage of trying to use Evernote for everything, but many things still involve paper (for me too). I'm finding my A5 filofax is an invaluable tool for project support material & reading matter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts